Don Bitter's Famous Crab Cake Recipe
Don Bitter is the Director of Food Services at Summit Point. Residents at the Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Macedonia, Ohio are treated to Don's culinary creations on a regular basis. While Don believes in healthy eating, he also recognizes that seniors appreciate certain delicacies. So, he decided to share his famous crab cake recipe with the world.
This could be an appetizer or entrée.
Note: Recipe makes 100 1-ounce portions.
- 4 cans lump crab meat
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced celery stick
- 1 diced jumbo yellow onion
- 2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ black pepper
- ¼ cup granulated garlic
- 1/8 cup cajun seasoning
- 1 cup seeded dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients (except mayo, mustard and eggs) into a large bowl.
- Once completely mixed, add remaining ingredients.
- Fully mix, then portion out 1 ounce for appetizer and 3 ounces for patties.
- Sautee in a skillet (or on another flat surface) with enough canola oil to coat the surface.
- Sautee until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot!